A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kuntur Wassi

Arrived at the hotel. It didn't quite seem like the pictures online, but it was nice. Our room overlooked the plaza which we didn't go to. Didn't seem like there was anything there. The draw to this place was it's convenient location to Colca canyon. The inside was nice.
Lots of flowers surrounding the hotel.
There always seemed to be some glitches with water for me. This place was no exception. I tried to take a needed shower.... I let the water run. It wasn't getting warm, let alone hot. I shut the water for guilt of wasting water here where it is very dry, and after listening to guides talk about the lack of water... how can I let it run!!!!
I then noticed a leak, watching the water run towards the toilet bowl. We were only given two towels and we decided to use one to soak it up. We didn't want to step into water on this cold floor. I told them about the leak.
Someone came to the room later to check, but of course it did not leak while they were there, but later after they left. Now it's getting late... another day without a shower.

No comments: