A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mandala dreams

Children's art show is up.. finished it all yesterday and it allowed me some time to do - finish- a mandala. I needed it. So much focus and attention on one thing to the exclusion of everything else gets pretty intense for me. There was a time factor this year that brought me to a state of panic and I had to cut back in some areas.. not something I really enjoy.. skimping.
It's one of those times when I come to the realization that I need to "let - it - go"... which is so hard when aiming for perfection. oh well.
But it's time to move on.
The other half of the show on the other side of town... that needs to be focused on as well as some side jobs and my own art for our upcoming show in June.
But with this big show and taxes out of the way.. I feel I can breathe a bit deeper.
When the opening, a gap comes... my mind begins to question... Now what?
Where to focus.. mandalas? Painted? Bigger?.. or assemblages.
There is no great call in either direction and that is sort of a dilemma... so I just did the norm for now.. the small mandala.. the meditation practice of "doing". See what comes up.. I need to be quiet and listen. What wants to emerge from within...

No comments: