A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Art Saves RR - Gemma's book

A mandala for Gemma. Not totally sure I'm done with this, but I'm also trying not to clutter it up too much... I used metallic and pearl paint and added a bit of glitter glaze to the outside part, so I am sure this picture won't give the full impact of that. A clear heart gem for the center.
I focused on the heart chakra for this.. heart and hand. I almost used the daVinci quote: "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art". Instead I spoke from my own heart :-)
Hope you enjoy this Gemma... and now to work on your tag.

5 comments:

shari said...

doreen, your mandala for gemma is absolutely beautiful!!! heart and hands together...yes. that's art from our hearts. love to you...

Lila Rostenberg said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors!
BTW I did manage to find the "right" blog for viewing the round robins!

Karen D said...

this is wonderful Doreen, beautiful mandala.

gma said...

This is beautiful. I love it. I am honored to have this in my book.
Thank you so much Doreen.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

speechless....


but i must tell you that i apologize for being late to see this magnificent artwork of yours for Gemma