A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Sunday, January 01, 2012

River of Stones





















One of my intentions this year is to take some time for myself... balance the work with the time to stop, relax, become more aware and be in the present moment. Actually, I intend to be present to all of it... and like anything else, that takes practice.


One way to stay on track it to make a commitment.. to be accountable, so I joined the group (see side bar) River of Stones.. click on the link to learn more and maybe you will want to join in.


What better way to be present than through the lens of a camera. For me, it draws me in and makes me look deeper and appreciate all that this world has to offer. It helps me to find the extraordinary in the ordinary. It helps me to see it ALL as a miracle.

My stone:

Today I woke at 7:55

Greeted by my husband, delicious coffee and crow.

The Sun rose over the house and I let it's light warm my face

until it hid between the trees.

Then I knew it was mandala time.


Walking at the beach and surprised by large groups of people

swimming on the first day of a new year.

I like warmth and comfort

and looking at things with a fresh new eye.

4 comments:

shari said...

i enjoyed browsing through your blog posts. don't know why i haven't visited you in awhile. your mandalas are so beautiful!! i leave satisfied, with a soul full of eye candy... thank you!

Doe Grozs Art said...

Thanks Shari.. I am finding it hard to do all the "visiting" I wish as well. Life gets busy and I do need to get off this computer to get stuff done :-) Happiest New Year to you.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

i enjoy taking pictures too
i agree there is something we can appreciate more with a camera lense
happy new year and hopefully we organize again something to keep us creating and in good thoughts too ;-)
hugs!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

i forgot to say i am so clicking our stone links