A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Monday, February 14, 2005

ColorErratica RR: My colors

A long day made longer due to lack of sleep. Worked on part of my cover for Color Erratica RR this morning at the Altered Book meeting. I chose Earthy colors, green, ochre and burgandy. I want a very earthy feel, a tribute to Mother Earth, not so much the surface, but deeper, into her soil. The colors that would reflect the Earth using what has been recycled. Even deeper still are some colors of gemstones, hidden in her depth.
This RR starts March 15, just short of the Spring Equinox. The Earth will be ready to open up and push upwards. But this is not spring green here that I am using, more of a mossy,woodsy green. It will be interesting to see how I and others in the group respond to certain colors at certain times of the year. These colors I chose are more Autumnal, when she is ready to recycle what has been released. Fallen leaves turning ochre and burgandy. I'll be receiving this book back in Nov., so it will have gone through 3 seasons. How difficult will it be to work with these colors in the summer??
These colors are in my living room. In the rug, and the desk is painted in these colors. When choosing my colors, I went to my paper stash to see what I had. I'm drawn to these colors, if not them, then to purples and blues.
Maybe this influence is my Taurus Moon, an earth sign. Agate, Topaz, Jasper, Garnet. These stones deep within the earth, these too, I want to reflect.
Hopefully, tomorrow, I will get to create some more.
Happy Valentines Day.

No comments: