A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I had myself an artists date today. I went to see Elinor's exhibit at the library first and I would have liked to buy all of these. Absolutely wonderful exhibit. They were voting in the gallery and everyone there was ooohing and aahhing over this show. Magnificent!
After that I went to the Marshlands. As I entered, 2 gentlemen were leaving and said they had seen a buck and some wild turkeys. I walked along taking pictures and just enjoying the quiet and smell of the woods. I love autumn. I walked down to the sound (small beach there) and noticed some hoof prints in the wet sand. Being that there was no school today,there were quite a few people there with their kids. Nice mild day. I followed the hoof prints away from everyone but went as far as I could go. Nature called me in another way and started to head back.
I watched a few birds along the way. Some blue jays and an interesting black and white bird. Not sure what it was. At the top of the path I noticed a group over to the side looking intently into the woods. I stopped and one of the women called me over. There at the bottom of where they were standing was a young deer. The kids crept up to it pretty close. But there in the distance we noticed dad and he kept coming closer and closer until we back away. Would not want to make this guy angry! The kids were a bit braver and stayed their ground. Us grownups got distracted by something dead and we were trying to figure out what it was, when all of a sudden the kids screamed and ran, yelling that the buck was coming. We all booked! I turned and the buck ran up to where we had been but ran across the path and into the tall grasses. Nice site to see.....at a distance......

No comments: