A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Friday, April 06, 2007

I've been preparing the boards for the show. I should be finished with them tomorrow. First we go to the accountant.
I laid out 3 boards ready to mount the work and photos. I like the way it is coming out and it was nice spending time today putting this together. I finally got to match up names with faces because of the photos. These kids are the cutest! I've got some great shots.
John picked up the invitations. Some will be mailed out, some given to Debbie. They are not exactly how I wanted them, but they will do.
I do love the rest of it. I'll put up some photos of the boards tomorrow after I take some pictures.
John had pointed out to me how great the space was that I get to work in. I can go into this room and not be bothered. It was so peaceful working today. Listening to music and doing what I love. I really love doing this and it makes me want to put together a book of these kids, projects, the quotes.
It was brought about because Lola wanted the kids to be part of Youth Art month but the space was limited and it wasn't appropriate. Instead, the idea came about to do it in April because Ginny said it was the month, maybe a week, of the Young Child. Unfortunately we never got it off the ground and Ginny passed on. So last year I did it in memory of her. Every time I put the "Follow your Bliss" guote on board, I think of her.
This year, I did snowmen with the kids. Ginny loved snowmen and with that board I put a quote on the effect we have on children.
I have put in many hours of work this week. Between the mural, the exhibit and tax prep... I am looking forward to my vacation.

No comments: