A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunar Eclipse


I spent a good deal of time pondering that beautiful sight last night. The lunar eclipse.

I watched it slowly disappear in the comfort of my room until it was cast in the shadow of the earth. Here is where I wish I had a better camera, a telescope even to view this beautiful orb in our sky. Here's where I really got a sense of it's roundedness and what it must have been like for ancient one's to look upon this and wonder why it doesn't come crashing down on us.

So here is this moon in opposition to the sun. Moon in Virgo, still in my 12th house. The house of the unconscious, things hidden, secrets, the inner self, the spiritual, mystical side of life. Here is where the moon is.

Interestingly enough it is opposite my 6th house, where the sun is in Pisces. Pisces is the natural sign for the 12th house, but it is here where Virgo's house is. Virgo the analytical one. If the 12th is the unconscious, then the 6th is the conscious - out there in the world. It is the house of work. The house of service - service to others, also the house of health.

Here is the pull of the two, my analytical self wanting to know and digging deep into my subconscious mind, or trying to, to find answers.

All cast in shadow.

How symbolic.

I'm wondering what I did with my ring. A mindless moment? Did I subconsciously take it off and put it somewhere?

I'm wanting to know and I realize how much wanting to know things mean to me. There is a need to know.

As I was lying in bed, I was distracted from reading, because I had this theory that maybe the ring came off as I took the glove off my hand when I was cleaning... and John threw out the garbage! I entertained the thought of going out side and getting the bag, but it's way to cold and I'd have to get dressed and maybe the garbage men don't come tomorrow...... when in walks in wonderful hubby inquiring what was on my mind and told him.

"THIS IS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU"............ and goes out and brings in the garbage.

I didn't find it. I could have sworn this was the correct senario. Nope.

It made me think how attached we are to our ideas and theories about things.

It also brought to surface, into the light, how much it means to me to know. I need to know the how and why of things.

What hidden things need to come to light in order to know ourselves, reveal what makes us who we are....... what is hidden in the shadows that needs to come into the light?
(ps note my moon and forgot where i got it from)

No comments: