A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Sunday, February 03, 2008

2 paintings

This is the still life from class... (Painting 101 :-) Needs a little tweeking which I may do with the class on Tuesday. The one below is partly taken from an idea in Cloth Paper Scissors magazine. I painted on a collaged background which is kind of interesting. Different.
"Preparing for Flight" is one of those ideas that starts as one thing and ends up as something else. And as it should be when painting or creating... Allowing Spirit to come in... Allowing that Creative Self to come, call her the Muse, but it is when one stops THINKING about the painting and just paints.
She is visioning her journey about transformation. I painted in the Macaw and hawk fluff feather that was given to me as a gift on my birthday. Parts of it will be "refined" as well.

No comments: