A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Wellness Wednesday - Rest

I changed my class with the kids from today to tomorrow.... Enough. Sometimes, I have to remind myself that it is time to rest. Replenish the well.
I have the habit of taking on too much. I will change that to HAD the habit... I no longer want that.
My mom would always say, "your eyes are bigger than your stomach" which is why buffets are dangerous. I want it all!! I want to taste everything... I want to say YES. YES!
But I can't do it all. At least not at the same time :-)
Yes, I want to create art everyday, be grateful, stay well, and live a sacred life - everyday. Wellness Wednesday is there as a reminder, as is Sacred Sunday, Grateful Saturdays and Art Everyday.... reminders for me.
I want to live them everyday and sometimes I don't. I watch my thoughts and find that I am creating, making up, some drama that is not true. I bitch about some jerk that thinks he is cool by driving way too fast. And I forget to be grateful. I forget to be in the present moment.
My mind races with ideas for projects... one after another for classes - until I stop and cannot come up with anything.. a blank.
That is the time to stop.
Rest.
I'm clean out of giving, putting it out there, and now I will replenish the well by giving myself some time.
Time to be grateful. Grateful for my comfy bed. My wonderful husband. My family and friends. All the wonderful opportunities that have been given to me. Grateful for some time for me.
Today I can focus on balance within so tomorrow I can be in balance for them. When my well is full, I can give to you. But first let me fill it up with gratefullness, care and nurturing. Here is a video that I watched this morning... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4cV9cVa5sc
Namaste'

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hi There !
Thanks for stopping by !
Wasn`t sure if my post would offend , but i had to put it ! there`s too much pressure on us to perform perfectly !

I`m at a stand still for inspriration , and have too many ideas to create too .
I hope you have some quality me time to restore you !

i will be back ! :o)