A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My little epiphany

Last night as I was working on the pink/green book, I had one of those "aha" moments. Self-realization moment! If the book had been mine, I would have pushed it aside.....Later for this.
But it's not and I made a commitment and it needs to go out Friday. I sat staring at it, not sure where I wanted to go with it. Before class, I spread some paint on it for a background and looking at it, I saw a hill. Someone needed to be on the hill. Is she going up, down, sitting? Do I draw her? and what if I screw up and I don't like it. ok, so I would just paint it, but then I wouldn't have what's there now. But my epiphany was really...oh, so this is why I am doing this..so I get used to finishing things.....Completion is an issue with me. I have so many unfinished work laying around. Almost everything here is incomplete. Left.
I start off with such inspiration and then if it's not finished quickly enough, it's left and I am on to other things. I used to blame it on "time", but that's not it. It's more of looking for that perfect thing, a quote, a picture, a color, whatever..... if I only had this perfect ending!!!
So last night I realize I may not have the perfect ending...I just need to finish it as best I can. I have to make a DECISION. YES! Choose. So I sketched some things and came up with something totally different. She's not going to go up the hill, or down the hill or even sit. She's going to fly....She's going to take a leap of faith and fly. Lesson: just keep at it and it'll take care of itself. I just have to stay with it longer and finish. My lesson will be with at least 5 projects each month for almost a year. Maybe by then, it'll become a habit. I could only hope.

No comments: