A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Our vacation plans fell through and of course I look at it with an attitude that it happens for a reason.....not sure what it is exactly. I know I would have been stressed in getting everything together to go and also getting ready for the party Sat. I have a ton of stuff to do and would have found it hard to pack for it. That I know.
Instead I made a list. It turned out to be a long one, but not so complicated....well, some of it isn't. Like going for an oil change, picking up stuff from the store, time consuming stuff....Then there is the ambitious stuff like cleaning the blinds or just throwing them out!

I'm still figuring out what to do in the bar at Welllingtons. I did a sample board and then painted the kitchen sink cabinet with the extra paint. I used the burnt sienna and added some bronze to it. Looks kinda cool. When I went to Linen & Things for shower curtain and hooks, I saw some dishes that I may go back for. The colors go great in the kitchen.
Funny, my horoscope focuses on decorating this month and also watching my mouth. It has come up more than once about watching what I say. Fore warned is fore armed. Now if only I can remember it when i do open my mouth...
Jumping around on websites and blogs... I found this:

by Marianne Williamsonfrom A Return To Love: Reflections onthe Principles of A Course in Miracles
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

There are times when so much comes my way and I feel I won't be able to pull it off. I start out so insecure, but when it goes well, it is like a bolt of energy. A high that feels so good. Success feels great! It's the after effect though.....Like crashing from a sugar high. I have a hard time dealing with that.

Off to work some more on that list......

No comments: