A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Some unexpected surprizes

We went into the city to see some exhibits uptown. One was a surrealist exhibit at the National Academy of Design. I had never been there and never even heard of it. It's next to the Guggenhiem which was closed. It was a great exhibit and discovered Charles Rain. I had wanted to go into SoHo, but it was getting late. Instead we went into the Met to the Max Ernst exhibit which went passed all my expectations. He did so much work and his later work is incredible.
But the most bizzare thing happened at Grand Central. There was a craft show there and of course I had to go through to see it.
As I am looking up, I see a sign that is familiar. Hey, I painted that! It was a sign that Joy had asked me to paint..Amy Z . It felt kind of weird seeing it. I looked around for "Amy" and when I finally figured who she was, I told her I had painted the sign for her. Her confused look and shaking her head and saying no I didn't......and I knew Joy had done it again. I stepped up quickly enough to say Yes, Joy was the one who asked me to do it.
Caught in a lie. She said everyone believes Joy has been doing all this work, Signs and other artwork I have been doing and she has been taking credit for.
Not sure how this is going to play out, but I think I need to cut this whole thing loose and let her deal with the mess and the lies she has created. I'm curious to see the chair and if she changed my name on it or the message I wrote underneath it for her kids.

No comments: