A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Monday, August 27, 2007

After seeing a deeply disturbing photo exhibit in Woodstock by a photojournalist in Darfur, I needed to settle my emotions with something uplifting. I chased butterflies.
Our vacation on the whole was very rejuvenating. It was a relaxing one and we stayed put more often than running around. Contemplative.
Reflecting on the year, I'm looking at what I can release from my life. Today I laughed when I read, "repair it or let it go" having to do with this full moon eclipse. It's a Pisces/Virgo polarity and I have been clearing out stuff.
We brought 3 bags of books to a church thrift shop today, more will follow. It feels good to let go of things, to see things with new eyes. I'm not feeling so needy.
I am releasing the idea that I might need that. When the time comes, if it is something I need, I'm sure the universe will provide it. Past experience has proven it to be so.
I have a stamp that quotes the comedian, Steven Wright, "You can't have everything. Where will you put it?"
The practical end of it is I am running out of room!
I want to paint again. On canvas.
I need space for that.

No comments: