A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Creating a Happy Heart


What creates the happy heart?
I had the morning off to take my mom to an appointment. After that I had 2 classes at camp, but when I arrived, TJ had cancelled art (5th gr. boys) and put them in the pool. I hadn't even gotten out of the parking lot when he said,"Go home, take the rest of the day."
I love you TJ.
I smiled all the way home, deciding to stop by a clients house to leave a bill with her. I did take a detour to check out a new bead store. Bought just a few unusual beads.
It's nice to be home. I actually cleaned a little.
But it got me to thinking what makes me happy.
Taking pictures.
I wanted to take a picture of the luscious green beads in the store, but they couldn't allow it as they are a franchise. No matter, I was happy to have some free time.
Free time makes me happy. I like to be able to come and go as I please as I am sure most people do. During the school year, my schedule allows me more free time - NOT the summer, which is why this thought is so prevalent in my mind right now.
If I were happy more often, I probably wouldn't be thinking of it and how to have more of it.
The thing is I LIKE teaching art to kids, just not one class after another and having to clean up and set up and clean up and set up... I don't like doing that for myself either.
I do have 2 helpers that make it a little easier, but by the 4th week, I am kind of burnt and I am sure the heat and humidity play an enormous part as I have to do this outside under a tent.
And not for nothing, but navy blue and orange absorb the heat of the sun. Didn't anyone think on this?
A little more cleaning and then some art.
Art makes me happy.
Creating makes me happy.
Having a clean, organized space makes me happy (getting there doesn't).
Travel makes me happy - really happy, but Johnny boy won't fly and that make me unhappy. We'll work on that one.

No comments: