A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Middle Way

To be so engrossed in the moment as to not know what is going on around you. To be so absorbed that the past and future are no where to be found. There is only NOW.

This is where I want to be. Of course there really is only now. We are continuously only in Now.
Unfortunately, I tend to get stuck in the Now thinking about the future or past. Lately, it's the future and in more of an anxious state of "how it's all going to get done" than I care to be. It does all get done. That which doesn't really didn't need to be.
It is the path of the Middle Way I would like to walk. This morning I thought, "How can I just be content with myself without being influenced by outside circumstances?"
If something goes awry in my life, I am effected by it as it is with when something happens that is good. The pendulum is swinging hard.
Last week in yoga class, I was filled with doubts - not being 'good enough'. Am I on the right path?
Yesterday's class brought me an answer, or so I thought at the moment. One of the students came up to me after class with much appreciation and praise. I felt I was serving my purpose.
But why must outside circumstances dictate how we feel. It should come from within.
I wonder if that is what Christ really meant when he said we must become as little children in order to enter Heaven.
Children are in the present moment, not stuck wondering how they will approach something, worrying about the outcome or if they should have gone in a different direction.
They just do it. Then they do it again. They play.
We all know that feeling of being in the moment when we are playing or creating.
*Bliss*.
It's all there is. No self-conscious obsessiveness. We're in Heaven - a state of Being.
So today I'll attempt to be child-like. Placing one step in front of the other and enjoying to the fullest each moment. Each present moment.
Delight in checking off the list of things to do.
Make it a game.
Play.

1 comment:

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

no doubts...just play...blessingstoday, rebecca