A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Boat Ride

I have a fear of water. Last year when I asked my sister if it was worth going to Lake Titicaca, she pretty much said no. I was ok with that, because I knew if I went I'd have to get into a boat.
After returning from last year's trip, my reading about the lake and it's spiritual aspect made me want to go. Face your fears :-)

We were in a boat with about 18 people or there abouts. Not so bad. I was ok with it. Here we are approaching the Uros islands which are made from Totoro reeds. They are the floating islands... yes, they actually float.. They repeatedly layer on the reeds.
Met by greeters. Very colorfully dressed women. They are prepared for visitors - ready to sell their handicrafts.
Home sweet home.. No kidding, there is a tv in here. They use solar panels for their electricity. They seemed to be very proud of this tv.... Mai-Liis and I had a different view on this. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! And this began a discussion on books. Get rid of the tv!

No comments: