A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Birds and flowers





Not real. Nice sculpture of some birds though in the plaza in Ollaytaytambo. We hung out a bit, talked a bit with a woman who came to work with textiles and design with the women there. Mai-Liis gave her some ideas, designs of what would be more "sellable". I like how colorful their work is, but when you come home, I tend to not use them. They become too loud for me.
I love the flower, forgot it's name, but always so striking against the background of the blue sky. It is Peru's flower.... what the heck is the name....
At our hotel, which is really nice and surrounded by flowers. We stayed here last year as well. P.S. they have a generator in case the lights go out.
So today, me and hubby took a walk in Read sanctuary in Rye. It's the first time I've been there. After paying to go through the parking lot, we also some how managed to get through the gate
:-) of which we later found out one normally needs a pass to swipe to get the gate open .... what can I say, we were supposed to be there.
I realize how much I need to be in areas like this, surrounded by nature, birds and flowers.
Waking in Pakaritampu hotel, my first sight was a hummingbird. I love hummingbirds.
Today I saw a hawk, red-wing blackbird, red cardinal and a parakeet! That surprised me. Someone had written down monk parakeet on a message board and there he was... I love birds.



No comments: