A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Monday, May 19, 2008

Lunch in Chivay

After passing through those great heights, we quickly came down to Chivay and my ears popped. I hate that.
Mai-Liis wanted to have lunch. Our guides brought us a box lunch that we ended up eating in the small plaza. Our guide had different plans as to where we would eat. I was curious as to where it was, but hunger won out. I think it was to protect us from beggars as one or two people came over to us, but it wasn't a big deal. We had a chance to stretch our legs and take a few photos..
Most people stay here and then leave early to go to Colca canyon in the morning. It's best to be there early to catch the condors. We, instead, passed through Chivay and Colca canyon to Kuntur Wassi which was a lot closer. We stopped at the canyon. No condors. No tourists. Beautiful!
Now I was getting psyched in coming back to see the condors.

1 comment:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

love the picture of you too