A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mindfulness


For Wellness Wednesday, I have been giving mindfulness some attention. I don't want to do a lot of little things unconsciously, but rather give my full attention to one thing. Sometimes this is hard to do when you have a lot to juggle, but when time allows it, I want to focus in on what I am doing with my full attention.

I want to eat with full attention, mindful of what I am putting in my mouth. If I am mindful, I can be grateful for what it is I'm eating and where it came from. I didn't grow that butternut squash myself. Someone else did. Someone packed it up, someone unloaded it from a truck and placed it on the shelf at Trader Joe's so I can buy it, cook it and eat it. Thank you. Thankful for the farmer's market for those nectarines too!

We are so much into multi-tasking in order to fit it all in a day, but are we savoring each moment when we do that? If I am eating, while reading, I'm not being mindful of what I am eating.

It comes down to self love. If I love myself, I will honor my body and take care of it by putting healthy things into it. (Chocolate has antioxidants, so that works for me)

While I'm at it, being mindful of what comes out of my mouth is just as important as what goes into it :-)


I decided today to finish up one project rather than scatter my attention on 3 different ones. If I can just finish one, I'll have a better sense of accomplishment. I can check it off my list.a

No comments: