A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Friday, October 12, 2007

Moving Stillness


In stillness, one can clearly see one's own reflection. I choose to paint as a form of meditation, my path to stillness.
Creativity has many paths, but I choose paint. I realized today as I was painting, it is because it is a forgiving medium. If I don't like what I paint, I can repaint it.
I started a canvas a few months ago and had intended to go in one direction with it, only to find myself taking a different path today.
Change, transformation, metamorphasis, transition, movement all through a paintbrush.
What moves the paintbrush is my desire to discover some inner truth that I allow to rise to the surface through this creative meditation.
In all this movement, there is also stillness. Stilling the critical voice, so the deeper Self can come forward into the light of consciousness. This all-knowing Higher Self, the one that is connected to the Divine.
My Divine Self that comes forward to let me know who I really am.
It was about forgiveness today.
The old surface was covered over with fresh paint. I cannot go back to what was there. It is gone. It is "The Past". I can only move forward now.
I can be open to where it wants to move, what will take shape, and how I will perceive it.
This layer may change as well, evolve into and become what it needs to become.
Creativity is my spiritual practice. It is where I find mySelf. It is my path.

No comments: