A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sacred Sunday - doing it for them

mmmmm. so I am thinking, here I am working all day, no, all weekend and what can I find sacred in that.
Ok. It's for these kids. This is a pretty big event and we usually have more kids than windows. Each year it starts out that way, but for whatever reason... maybe someone needs to drop out, or I squeeze one in where I didn't think I could, everyone manages to get on a window and happily paints. (even parents).
It makes for a very happy and festive day, the whole town alive with children and adults having a great time.
So what I am grateful for is that I can do this from home, with a cup of tea, warm, papers spread out on the table, juggling who wants to be where and with whom. It's work, but I know enough to place them close to where they live or at a window that would be the appropriate height for them and I just keep at it.... I'm guess I'm at about 200, maybe a little more. Still more to do, but it will wait for tomorrow.
It's all for the kids..........and art.

2 comments:

Mich said...

Would love to have you join us at Rainbow Dreams!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

mich
x.

Jane said...

I love to see children create. Beautiful shots!!