A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day 11 - Faith

One of the ways I am blessed is that we live close enough to the water and close enough to the mountains. Nothing quiets the mind like looking out at the horizon... relaxes the eyes too. We spent the afternoon here, meeting up with some old neighbors from my past and just taking in this gorgeous day. Cool, crisp, clear.
The horizon holds possibility. What is just beyond, just out of view, that may be coming towards us.. What wondrous treasures will these ships bring in?
Water, what mysteries are hidden below your surface?
Water symbolizes faith for me...
"If you want to walk on water, you've got to get out of the boat." (J. Ortberg)
It's a reminder to connect with my emotions, listen to my heart, and get out of my head.


Before that, we went to a local farmer's market and bought this cute little pie. We took it to the beach with us. The restaurant there kindly gave us some forks and a knife so we could eat it
neatly :-)
Yum. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie!

No comments: