A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Day 13 - Play

This is not a job. This is a mission. Yesterday in art class, we played with plasticine clay and made animals. I am fortunate and blessed to work?, PLAY! creating with children.
My mission is to encourage their creativity, let them have fun and ensure them there is no right and wrong, good or bad, only self-expression. I start them off early, at age 3 and stay with it until 5th grade. (so far).
Creativity is very sacred in my life. My own and allowing others to realize their creativity as well.
What makes my soul cringe more than anything else is hearing an adult criticize a child's art. This puts a scar on ones soul that needs to be healed in many adults. Thankfully this never happened to me, but I hear many adults say, "I can't draw, or I'm not creative". Or they may be closet artists... so my mission is to make sure I give children the purest experience of creating I possibly can.
This is Edwards animal with his bowl of food. And he has a little friend by his side.
Take a look at how others see their sacred life by clicking on the button on the side. So much inspiration!!

No comments: