A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Day 14- Community


Along with the Sacred Life project, I decided to join in with Wellness Wednesday at Lunar Musings.

What did I do for myself that was healthy today. WALK.

For my Sacred Life I would have to say Community.

I decided about 12 years ago, that I would stay in my own community to work - giving back to my own community rather than another town where I had no connections. I started art classes here, give yoga classes and got involved with other town fun-ctions such as Halloween Window Painting, which is what I was involved with today.

Walking from one end of town to the other, asking merchants to participate, allowing kids to paint on their windows. It was such a beautiful day to walk. Most merchants were happy to participate. It's nice to chat a little with them, seeing changes, new stores coming in, some going out.
I was offered a great deal on a much needed color and cut which I accepted. So many kind people. Life is good.

4 comments:

Gill said...

Walking...THE best way to blow the cobwebs off and feel awesome.
xo
Blue

daisies said...

oh yes ... walking is amazing, my head always clears and i always feel so wonderful when i walk, connected to myself :)

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

You have a great heart. Thank you for being this way!

P.S. I forgot to say: Yes I was a lurker in your blog.

Doe Grozs Art said...

Hey, lurking is good.. this kind anyway :-)
Imagine leaving a comment on every blog you visited...It would be a full time job!
Doreen