A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Day 8 - Monkeys


Ilove going to the Bronx Zoo. It was the perfect day for the zoo and it seemed everyone else had the same thought.
So after my initial irritable mood brought on by waiting in traffic, waiting in the admission line, waiting to get a drink of water...
I was then in a good space. Some of the pictures could use some cropping and now I really want a camera with a bigger zoom.
Jungle World is really cool. We love the monkeys there. There is a separate Monkey House, but we didn't go in because it was getting late. The Tigers were really active, so active that I kept missing the shots. We are inside in an enclosed "cage" and they are outside roaming around. I remember as a teen, the tigers were in these cages that would only allow them to pace back and forth.
Even the bird house, one of my favorite places, the birds fly freely, or most of them. I opened the door to see one bird on the ground in front of me. Hornbills, toucans on the top floor are behind glass.
Animals are so freakin' amazing! I mean really, all these different animals. Giraffes! turtles! zebras! elephants! polar bears! tigers! monkeys... MONKEYS!!! We should all be walking around in awe. We should all be so incredibly impressed by this, that we should all be smiling and happy and hugging one another. Maybe all the leaders of the world need a trip to the zoo.

No comments: