A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 5- Yoga and the Dali Lama

Today began the first yoga class. It's wonderful to be back. Some new students as well as many familiar faces. Teaching yoga class is a gift I get to give back t my community. My teacher before me taught for 40 years, volunteering his time. When he passed on (at 90) I decided to help teach. I went for my certification and now it is my turn to give back, following in his footsteps. I love it. It's always a learning experience. My mat is a sacred place for me. (How about those tan lines!)
But wait! A surprise for me when I got home. Besides dinner being ready for me, a gift sat on the table. To Mrs. John and to Mr. John (love it) Brushes and ink for me and a t-shirt for John along with pictures of the Dali Lama. They were from Rinchin coming back from a visit with his brother in India. (He is studying there... may be the next Dali Lama) My husband used to take care of him in his after school program. He left when he was 5 or 6 because the Dali Lama had a dream of him. He loves my husband and now his younger brother goes to this program. I love gifts. But gifts from this family are so special to me. A blessing.
Namaste'

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Doreen, Great post! Good for you, giving back as a yoga teacher. I admire that. Also, I really like the top picture of you on your blog---pure joy---in Peru (?) Thank you.

kelly barton art + design said...

your feet look like mine! mine is a mixed of keen's and mephisto's.
great post!

Doe Grozs Art said...

I had a pair of intricately woven sandles. In yoga class, we had our feet up the wall and I received comments on how cool my henna'd feet were.
Doreen