A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Sacred Life Day 3

INTO THE GARDEN
When I was young growing up in this yard, there was a special area I would go to. It was right behind this garden, where the fig tree is. My father had let the forsythia bush grow long so it fell forward, creating a tunnel. I would crawl into it, feeling protected in it's womb-like quietness. This was my special place, my sacred space.
This yard, this garden still holds sacredness for me. I step into and I am connected. Connected to the earth, connected to the Divine. Connected to possibilities that all seeds hold. It represents transformation and this yard/garden has gone through many transformations as I have.

1 comment:

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

doreen...it was great getting to know you somewhat thru your blogs and my sacred life...i am also a muralist...and i love rocks...and i have been clearing away the clutter in my life for many months now...glad our paths crossed...blessings, rebecca