A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 15 - The Sacred Body

While walking yesterday, signing up merchants, one gracious merchant offered me a discount on a cut and color. I went today and it was one of the best gifts I have given myself in awhile. I tend to be on the lazy side when it comes to my appearance. I don't get dressed up, because of the work I do (paints, etc are pretty much on all my clothes). I don't put on make up anymore, either. External appearance tend to take the back seat. Comfort is essential.
I gave myself over to have a more natural color and a much better cut and I even let her put on some make-up. I had such a great time. We laughed a lot and I felt like a little girl playing dress up with a good friend.
So here's the deal. I felt great. It was so good to pamper myself. A great boost to the spirit. This has to be part of my wellness program, to treat myself to these types of things more often. The body, this temple that holds are spirit should be respected, treated to healthy food, rest, and all the things we know that are good... but I forgot about adorning it, making it look its best. This will be good for me, this Wellness Wednesday that will now become part of the Sacred Life. So much goodness.

No comments: