A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Got Milk?

While Mai-Liis was inside shopping, I watched this little girl, hands full, balancing, making her way up the steps. I asked her mom if I could take her picture. She did not ask for money and tried hard to "prep" her daughter for the picture. Couldn't get a smile out of her :-)
I did get a reaction though when I showed her the picture in the camera.
This river was alongside the road up from our hotel to the square. The stone streets took some getting used to walking on. I really liked this place. We had a lot of fun here and the people were really friendly. I bought my hat here with the intention of giving it to John, but I don't think that will happen. I've grown attached to it.
We had a lot of fun choosing hats. Mai-Liis bought a beautiful red one. Many women helped in the process. They were always grateful to make the sale and I was always happy to oblige.



I think this guy has had enough of our bargaining!

No comments: