A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

a side trip........

I really love this hotel we were in.
We had our lunch and then our driver met us. He gave each of us a bag with some water and snacks in it. Cleaned his car before we got in. He did not speak English. We were taking a tour through the sacred valley opting not to go to Pisac market because it was too far. Instead we were going to Moray and Maras. He stopped for us to take pictures along the way. This was frustrating at times because of the language barrier, but I had fun never the less. Some roads were so narrow and close to the edge of the moutain, I had to look away. Mai-Liis was feeling it too. Once she said, "So be it", I knew she was as scared as I but it was all in the "hands of God". He was an excellent driver. I could not have done what he did. Nor do I ever want to.

One of the things I wanted to know about, was why they had writing on the side of the mountains. He said "propaganda" and he meant propaganda. Politics. Once the person is elected, it grows over. How the heck do they do that????
We have billboards and posters - they have mountains.
We continued to snake up the moutain........

No comments: