A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Pakaritampu Hotel - Ollantaytambo

After driving through the Sacred Valley, seeing what I considered poverty, we arrived at our hotel.
Paradise. We were in Paradise!
The driver honked, gates were opened, we checked in and led to our rooms. This was very nice. Yes, this was making my heart sing. It was beautiful!!!!
Mountains surrounded us. The grounds filled with flowers.
We ate at the restuarant that was there. I ate a lot of fish in Peru. One thing I learned quickly was that they did not like the dollar to be worn or ripped. If you go to Peru, bring crisp, clean dollars.
The next morning, Mai-Liis got up first and opened up the curtains. She called me to come see... they were mowing the lawn. I wasn't sure what to expect.......
Two alpaca and two men.
Yes, a quiet way to mow the lawn. I imagined how funny it would be to have alpaca in one's back yard "mowing" the lawn... beats hearing those loud mowers and leaf blowers!

No comments: