A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Friday, May 18, 2007

VISTADOME

The train station was close to our hotel and we walked there while out bags were "taxied" over. Again, we were approached by many natives selling their items. I bought another woven piece - an Inca calender. Cheap. Whenever the train stopped there were women outside on the tracks holding up blankets and other woven items.
The train was wonderful. It was a luxury. Peruvian music played while we were given snacks and drinks. I always opted for the coca tea. That's all I drank, that and water. I am sure that is what helped me feel good and avoid any altitude discomfort.
I truely enjoyed this train ride. Ollantaytambo was much closer to Aguas Calientetes than Cusco where many people take the train from. Many times I was overcome by what I saw, moved to tears by the beauty of all. We live on a planet that has so much beauty to offer us. Snow capped mountains in the distance, riding along the river and sometimes catching sight of the trail that many hike to Machu Picchu.
Aguas Calientes is at the bottom of Machu Picchu. From there, we took the bus to the top.
Luckily for me, they were selling the multi-pocket vest on the train that I had wanted but hadn't gotten for this trip. THAT came in handy!!!



You can see part of the Inka trail here...........

No comments: