A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Manifesting the Vision

This is how I imagined myself at Machu Picchu. I look a bit like a pack mule here... My pockets filled, water bottles and camera. On the first day, it was hard to take pictures without people, but sometimes they were just as interesting too. I'm glad we opted for not having a guide, because I felt more playful, able to sit or walk - no agenda. Sometimes it is so tedious having an agenda. We were approached by a nice man. We met him at the gate and it took me awhile to figure out he was selling himself as a guide. I can be so naive sometimes.
There were so many people from different countries and my impression that you should be fit and healthy, although would be better, was not necessary. Even the fit were not immune from altitude sickness as we were to find out in Cusco. Elder groups of people were there and I even saw someone with a crutch.

No comments: