A Sacred Life

A Sacred Life

Friday, May 11, 2007

I'm back..........

from my magical trip to Peru.
I awoke this morning in my own comfy bed feeling like I was the most blessed person. It was a most wonderful experience traveling to Peru and I had a great traveling companion. I did not travel with my husband due to his fear of flying and also the time of the year. I haven't uploaded my pictures yet, but I have plenty to share.
I highly suggest a trip to this country: Machu Picchu your main destination. Pure Magic.
We encountered a country that was warm and welcoming. They are a beautiful people with generous smiles.
I have seen with new eyes. It is not a dream. I am not "removed" by it as if looking through a magazine or watching on tv, but I have experienced and seen first hand their way of life and by our standards, it is a hard one... and they still have the big, generous and grateful smiles. I think I have made many Peruvians happy. My companion and I really like to shop!
This trip has touched my soul in so many ways.
On the flight to Houston to connect with the flight to Peru and meet my friend, I was lucky to have a window seat. Actually I had all 3 seats to myself :-)
Seeing our mother earth, Pachamama, Gia, or whatever name you choose, from the air, caused the child-like sense of awe to fill me. This was the beginning of what was to come.
I love this earth. It holds so much beauty. Unfortunately it also holds some unpleasantness. It was difficult to see comparisons - the earth's natural beauty and that which I see as eye-sores.
Arriving in Lima and being there for the short time before moving on to Cusco, I found it hard to breathe the air. It is a city that holds a lot of pollution. Their gas is equally expensive - compariable to NY, costing even more.
As much as I loved this trip, it is good to be home. It is good to sleep in my own bed, although the bed in Second Home was very, very comfortable...... it is sleeping next to my husband that I missed the most.

No comments: